School starts again soon ! And in the endless list of school supplies, a professor insists on the need for a notebook protector. Neither one nor two, we draw our sewing machine to make it yourself. And to combine business with pleasure, we take the opportunity to create flaps to mark your page and personalize your notebook cover!
- plastic to cover books - a sewing machine - thread - pins - a pen - a ruler - scissors You can also adapt the tutorial to make a notebook cover in fabrics.
Budget: 5 euros Duration: 1 hour
1. Place the notebook on the plastic. Form a first flap by folding the plastic along your notebook and pinning it. Remember to leave 5mm of margin for the seams.
2. Repeat on the other side, to form the second flap. Then draw the cutting line.
3. Cut along the line to get the correct width of plastic. In the roll, cut two rectangles to form the transparent flaps. They should be slightly smaller than the page in your notebook.
4. Pin the flaps along the sides of the notebook cover. Make sure they are properly aligned at the fold so that they are sewn correctly. Trace along the notebook (top and bottom) marks for your seams.
5. Sew in a straight stitch all around the notebook protector. To properly hold the plastic without drilling it with additional pins, you can use fixed eraser.
6. Cut along the seams to remove excess plastic.
7. It's over! You can now personalize your notebook cover using markers, or by sliding an illustration between the cover and the book cover.
Finally, it's easy to make your own back-to-school supplies! Practical and much more economical than commercial notebook covers, they will also be unique and will make your office even more beautiful. Add your personal touch by changing the color of the thread or by customizing your felt notebook cover. And if you are won over by this back-to-school DIY, you can even create a book, calendar or health book cover. The method remains the same! Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your notebook protector via our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!